Suspension of Education
SUSPENSION OF EDUCATION
The suspension of education can be actualized if the student holds a valid reason accepted by the Board of Directors. Here are the accepted principles in regards to suspend the education:
- Unpredictable issues such as disease, natural disasters, study abroad, military enlistment, and when students willingly ask the Board of Directors to allow the suspension once for a maximum of two semesters. However, this period cannot exceed four semesters in an undergraduate degree, two semesters in associate degree, one semester in the scientific preparation program and non-thesis master's degree, two semesters in the master program with thesis, four semesters in doctorate (Ph. D.) / arts proficiency for the whole education period.
- Students should complete the suspension of education application form first and afterward get approval from the Department of Financial Affairs and then the related Dean/Directorate.
- The students who request to suspend the education should add the relevant documents that are relevant to their reasons to suspend; medical report, military service documents (if applicable), disaster document(s) by civilian authority, and documents that prove the study abroad.
- Students who suspend their education will not be allowed to attend any classes and/or take any exams during this period.
- Should there be a mandatory reason to suspend the education during the semester, then the suspension of the studies will be considered to be started from the beginning of the year.
- The suspended time period will not be included in the education period.
- Students who suspend their education should fulfill their financial obligations. Principles related to the financial liabilities are determined by the Board of Trustees.
- Associate and undergraduate students will keep paying their annual costs. Half of the semester's tuition fee will be charged as “Suspension of the Studies Cost” and the other half of the tuition fee will be deducted from the cost the semester they continue their studies. Therefore, they will fulfill their financial obligations.
- Graduate and Doctorate Degree (Ph. D.) students continue to pay the program package fee when they freeze the enrollment. If there is a difference in the program fee in the year they open their registration, they must pay this difference.