Double Major Program (DMP): a program that enables students who successfully carry out undergraduate programs to attend a second undergraduate or associate degree program that they are interested in, and take a bachelor's degree at the same time in a second undergraduate program that they are interested in.
Minor Program: a program that enables students who successfully carry out their undergraduate programs to take a course and receive a certificate in a second undergraduate program they are interested.
Double Major / Minor processes are carried out within the scope of "Regulation on the Principles of Transfer Between Undergraduate and Graduate Degree Programs in Higher Education Institutions, Credit Transfer between Double Major, Minor and Minor Institutions " and Üsküdar University Double Major Program Directive and Minor Program Directive.
Application Requirements (DMP)
- The students can apply to double major program; the earliest at the beginning of their 3rd semester and the latest at the beginning of their 5th semester of their major programs and for associate degree program, the earliest at the beginning of their 2nd semester and the latest at the beginning of their 3rd semester.
- In order to apply; students must have their cumulative grade point average of at least 3.25 out of 4.00 and students must be in the top twenty percent in terms of success in the relevant class of the major degree programs.
- In order to be able to apply for a double major degree program, the student must successfully complete all the courses he / she has received in his / her major diploma program until the semester he / she has applied.
- Those who hold a minimum score of not less than the base score for which the cumulative grade point average in the major program which is 3.25 but fall short in the top 20% of the students in the related class of the major program are eligible to apply for a double major program.
Application Requirements (Minor)
- The students can apply to double major program; the earliest at the beginning of their 3rd semester and the latest at the beginning of their 6th semester of their major programs.
- Students must have their cumulative grade point average minimum of 3.00 out of 4.00.
- Students who have successfully completed all credited courses in the undergraduate program may apply to the minor program.
Double Major Disenrollment
Students will be disenrolled from DMP in following cases:
a) During DMP, GPA of second major can be under 2.50 only once. Students whose GPA stays under 2.50 for the second time will be disenrolled from DMP.
b) Students who do not get enrolled two semesters consecutively in double major program will be disenrolled.
c) Students who are disenrolled from DMP cannot reapply to DMP.
Double Major Additional Period
The duration of education of students who have earned the right to graduate from the program of the major diploma but cannot finish the second major diploma program is the maximum indicated in the paragraph (c) of Article 44 of the Law No. 2547 from the year of enrollment in the second major diploma program. (Article 44/c: They have to complete their undergraduate programs, which last for at least four years and at most seven years).
The students' registration is deleted from the minor program in the following cases:
a) In order for the student to continue his / her minor program, it is necessary that the grade average in the main program is at least 2.30. The student who cannot provide this requirement is deleted from the minor program.
b) The student who does not register for two semesters in the minor program will be deleted from the minor program.
Minor Additional Period
Students who have earned the right to graduate from the major program but cannot finish the minor program can be extended to two semesters with the decision of the Board of Directors of the relevant faculty.
In order for the student to graduate from the double major program, the GPA must be at least 2.50. Students who complete the minor program with a GPA of at least 2.00 are given a "Minor Certificate".
Application Date: 29 January-05 February 2018