About Bioengineering Basic and Application Laboratory
Bioengineering is a profession that develops innovative materials, devices, processes and informatic applications by examining biological systems from an engineering perspective. In our department, it is aimed to raise graduates who have basic biology, chemistry and engineering knowledge, who are equipped with technologies used in health-pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and engineering sciences, who can produce innovative applications and solutions in different fields of academia and industry, and who have an interdisciplinary working principle. Therefore, a well-equipped laboratory training besides theoretical education is one of the essential elements of the Bioengineering Department.
Bioengineering Basic and Application Laboratory on -1 floor, A Block, Main Campus of Üsküdar University, located on the first floor, is equipped with devices that undergraduate and postgraduate students may need during their education and research.
Usage Purposes of Bioengineering Basic and Application Laboratory
1.To enable students to acquire basic laboratory rules and applied working discipline.
2.To provide students with detailed and applied knowledge about basic research methods and devices used in bioengineering.
3.To provide interdisciplinary working familiarity to students who experience technologies used in different fields (bioprocess engineering, molecular biology, biotechnology, genetic engineering, etc.).
4.To carry out experiments planned within the scope of graduation project and thesis studies of undergraduate and graduate students within our department
5. To ensure that national/international research projects are carried out jointly with different disciplines (chemistry, molecular biology, engineering, etc.) and institutions (universities, research centers, industrial organizations, etc.).
Courses given in Bioengineering Basic and Application Laboratory
● CHEM103 Fundamentals of Chemistry
● BEN207 Bioengineering Laboratory I
● BEN304 Bioengineering Laboratory II
● BEN417 Bioengineering Laboratory III
● MBG314 Molecular Cell Biology
● BEN327 Molecular Techniques in Bioengineering
● BEN328 Genetic Engineering
● BEN492 Graduation Thesis
● BM547 Molecular Techniques in Bioengineering (Postgraduation)
● BM560 Applied Project 1 (Postgraduation)
● BM553 Applied Project 2 (Postgraduation)
● BM591 Graduation Thesis 1 (Postgraduation)
● BM592 Graduation Thesis 2 (Postgraduation)