IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ON MIDTERM EXAMS
The following issues are the considerations of our students regarding the fall semester midterm exams for the 2020-2021 academic year:
- Mid-Term exams will be conducted online between November 23-29, 2020 using methods such as multiple-choice questions, open-ended questions, or homework-project, as they are included in the academic calendar.
- Exams to be conducted in the form of multiple-choice or open-ended questions will be directed with the LMS system. Exams must be entered through the RED colored “Sınavlarınıza Giriş İçin Tıklayınız” button which is the exam entry button on the LMS main page. (Click here for information about LMS)
- Exams to be conducted on the LMS will be conducted on the day and time specified in the exam calendar published on the associate-graduate / undergraduate / graduate websites.
- For ONLINE exams via LMS; Using the Google CHROME browser on a computer (do not log in with mobile phones) is important to avoid interruptions. Exams must be entered through the RED colored exam entry button on the LMS main page. Clearing cookies from the CHROME browser just before you start the exam with the Clear History option will make it easier to enter the exam and the LMS system (Cookies should be cleared and retried when logging into the LMS system cannot be made). Click for further information.
- Regarding the midterm exams, homework-project, etc. correspondences, and file-sharing will be carried out over STIX. In homework and projects, the credit of the relevant course and the workload of the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) will be taken into consideration and the similarity rates with piracy detection programs will be checked by the instructor of the course.
- For common compulsory courses (Turkish Language I, Atatürk Principles and History of Turkish Revolution I, and English I), intermediate exams between November 30, and December 5, 2020, will be held via LMS.
- Exam type and contribution rate of the courses will be applied at the rates announced to the students at the beginning of the semester.
- A "Make-up Exam" will be held for students who cannot take the exam for reasonable reasons or who had technical problems during the exam, with the decision of the Board of Directors of the relevant academic unit within the framework of the current legislation.
The aforementioned principles are included in the “Üsküdar University Distance Education Procedures and Principles”, which entered into force with the decision of the Senate dated April 9, 2020, and numbered 2020/14 and updated by the senate decision dated September 3, 2020, and numbered 2020/30.
We wish all our students the best in the 2020-2021 Academic Year Fall Semester midterm exams.
Üsküdar University Rectorate