GETIPMER (Traditional and Complementary Medicine Application and Research Center)
The World Health Organization (WHO) has begun to support primarily at the university level, beginning in the 1990s with the aim of undertaking research and implementation of traditional and complementary medicine and its complementary and supportive role in environment.
In developing countries, patients are encouraged to choose natural treatment methods due to their current treatment and the side effects of the medications used, financial incompetence in developing countries and the introduction of traditional and complementary medicine in terms of community health.
In this context, the World Health Organization calls for the identification of applicable treatment branches and methods. In our country, our ministry of health has established a circle of traditional and complementary medicine within the body for the appointment and training of such treatment branches and for the standardization of education levels of practitioners, ethical and legal issues. Since two years the meetings have been held with related associations and practitioners.
- To investigate, apply and teach traditional and complementary medical practices such as acupuncture, hypnosis, phytotherapy, hydrotherapy, accepted by the Ministry of Health through scientific methods.
- To determine its applicability in our country by investigating traditional and complementary medical practices such as homeopathy, osteopathy, cup therapy, hirudotherapy, aromatherapy, bioenergy which are accepted in the world.
- To arrange trainings to train doctors in order to prevent the implementation of traditional and complementary medical methods by non-physicians.
- To conduct research in cooperation with other research centers and laboratories.
- To prepare national and international scientific research projects and form working groups to develop these projects.
- It can be expressed as supporting the scientific studies and projects in the country and abroad in line with the aims of the Center, conducting applications in clinics, patient treatments and therapies, organizing congresses, conferences, symposiums, seminars, panels, courses and similar scientific activities.