Dr. Hamoon Khelghat-Doost holds a PhD in Political Science from the National University of Singapore (NUS). His main fields of interest include gender, forced migration, political violence, international security, terrorism, and sustainable development with special focus on the Middle East, North Africa, and Southeast Asia. In addition to articles published in Studies in Conflict and Terrorism, and Perspectives on Terrorism, and several book chapters, he is author of the book The Strategic Logic of Women in Jihadi Organizations: From Operation to State Building (Springer, 2021). Dr. Khelghat-Doost is also a Next Generation Leader on Gender, Peace, and Security (GPS) at Women In International Security (WIIS), Washington D.C., United States. A member of the Board of Academia at the Academy of Security, Intelligence and Risk Studies in Singapore, Dr. Khelghat-Doost has several years of experience in conducting research and fieldwork in Iraq, Afghanistan, the ISIS-controlled borders of Syria, Turkey, Lebanon and Iran.
ORCID ID: 0000-0003-0947-1370
Education Status & Academic Titles
Academic Activities > Publications(Other Scientific Publications) Toplam: 6
THE FOREIGN PÓLICY OF POST-REVOLUTIONARY IRAN: EXPEDIENCY AT THE CROSSROAD OF SUPRA-NATIONALISM AND SOVEREIGNTY
Austral: Brazilian Journal of Strategy & International Relations (2022)
The Reasons for the Absence of Aging Policies in Indonesian Universities: A Case Study of Two Fully Autonomous Public Universities
Journal of Population and Social Studies (2022)
The Impact of Small Entrepreneurship Development on Poverty Alleviation: Empirical Study from Mogadishu, Somalia
Journal of Somali Studies: Research on Somalia and the Greater Horn of African Countries (2021)
Students as Catalysts in Achieving Sustainable Development in Higher Education: Initiatives and Program Highlights
Sustainability: The Journal of Record (2020)
State Building Jihadism: Redefining Gender Hierarchies and “Empowerment”
The Central European Journal of International and Security Studies (CEJISS) (2020)
LOCATING WOMEN IN JIHAD: THE CASE OF WOMEN IN THE ISLAMIC STATE OF IRAQ AND SYRIA (ISIS)
AUSTRAL: Brazilian Journal of Strategy & International Relations (2020)
Academic Activities > Book - Book Chapter
- Conflict and Post-Conflict Governance in the Middle East and Africa, 2023.
- Metamorphosis of Turkish Foreign Policy in the 21st Century: Opportunities and Challenges, 2023.
- Turkey-Iran Security Relations: Common Enemies and Opposing Ambitions, 2023.
- Chapter title: Iran; Book titile: Handbook of Terrorism in the Middle East, 2022.
- Chapter title: Iraq; Book title: Handbook of Terrorism in the Middle East, 2022.
- Chapter title: Syria; Book title: Handbook of Terrorism in the Middle East, 2022.
- Successfully Mutual Cooperative Collective Action: Principle of Institutional Arrangement of the Aflaj Irrigation System in Sultanate of Oman, 2021.
- The Strategic Logic of Women in Jihadi Organizations, 2021.
Academic Activities > Editörlük
- Metamorphosis of Turkish Foreign Policy in the 21st Century Opportunities and Challenges, ISSN:, 2023.
Projects > Projects
- Developing an Integrated Smart Talent Management System and a Digital Incubator for the Inclusion of Forced Migrants into Labor Market, 2023.
Academic Activities > Congress - Conference Participation
- International Strategic Communication Summit (STRATCOM 2022), 2022.
- The 8th Istanbul Security Conference, 2022.
- 3rd International Conference Social Science, Management and Technology in Covid Era, 2022.
- Governance of public policies during and after conflicts in the Middle East, 2021.
- International Conference Governance of public policies during and after conflicts in the Middle East, 2021.
- Governance of public policies during and after conflicts in the Middle East Conference, 2021.
- Koordinatör / Coordinator, Erasmus Bölüm Koordinatörlüğü, (2021 - Devam ediyor.)
Education and Training Activities
- Politics and Society in Africa, (Undergraduate Degree / 2021-2022 Bahar)
- Graduation Project II, (Undergraduate Degree / 2021-2022 Bahar)
- Gender and Politics, (Undergraduate Degree / 2021-2022 Bahar)
- Comparative Political Systems, (Undergraduate Degree / 2021-2022 Bahar)
- Politics and Society of China, (Undergraduate Degree / 2021-2022 Güz)
- International War and Peace, (Undergraduate Degree / 2021-2022 Güz)
- Graduation Project I, (Undergraduate Degree / 2021-2022 Güz)
- Politics of Authoritarianism, (Undergraduate Degree / 2021-2022 Güz)
BM Sürdürülebilir Kalkınma Hedef Etiketleri
* ISI Web of Science Core Collection
- Science Citation Index
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- Social Sciences Citation Index
- Emerging Sources Citation Index