Dr. Hamoon Khelghat-Doost holds a PhD in Political Science from the National University of Singapore (NUS). His main fields of interest include gender, forced migration, political violence, international security, terrorism, and sustainable development with special focus on the Middle East, North Africa, and Southeast Asia. In addition to articles published in Studies in Conflict and Terrorism, and Perspectives on Terrorism, and several book chapters, he is author of the book The Strategic Logic of Women in Jihadi Organizations: From Operation to State Building (Springer, 2021). Dr. Khelghat-Doost is also a Next Generation Leader on Gender, Peace, and Security (GPS) at Women In International Security (WIIS), Washington D.C., United States. A member of the Board of Academia at the Academy of Security, Intelligence and Risk Studies in Singapore, Dr. Khelghat-Doost has several years of experience in conducting research and fieldwork in Iraq, Afghanistan, the ISIS-controlled borders of Syria, Turkey, Lebanon and Iran.
ORCID ID: 0000-0003-0947-1370
Education Status & Academic Titles
Academic Activities > Publications(Other Scientific Publications) Toplam: 3
Sustainability: The Journal of Record (2020)
The Central European Journal of International and Security Studies (CEJISS) (2020)
AUSTRAL: Brazilian Journal of Strategy & International Relations (2020)
Academic Activities > Book - Book Chapter
- Successfully Mutual Cooperative Collective Action: Principle of Institutional Arrangement of the Aflaj Irrigation System in Sultanate of Oman, 2021.
- The Strategic Logic of Women in Jihadi Organizations, 2021.
Academic Activities > Congress - Conference Participation
- Governance of public policies during and after conflicts in the Middle East, 2021.
- Governance of public policies during and after conflicts in the Middle East Conference, 2021.
- Koordinatör / Coordinator, Erasmus Bölüm Koordinatörlüğü, (2021 - Devam ediyor.)
Education and Training Activities
* ISI Web of Science Core Collection
- Science Citation Index
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- Social Sciences Citation Index
- Emerging Sources Citation Index