Research and Development
1- Research Strategy and Goals
The research strategy and objectives of the Faculty of Communication are planned in harmony with the strategies and objectives determined in Üsküdar University's 2019-2023 Strategic Plan and are based on the following basic principles:
• Planning for the activation and use of information resources with the highest performance,
• Considering the fact that the university is an environment for producing and disseminating information, to use the information resources of the Faculty of Communication, especially in the field of communication, to carry out research and to plan studies that contribute to the development of the media sector, the field of communication sciences and social development by sharing the information it produces with the stakeholders and the society.
• Discovery of ways and methods to ensure the development and establishment of a culture of knowledge production, research and development and creativity
• To create a research and development approach that contributes to the training of individuals who research, think and produce
• Correct and effective use of resources to contribute to Üsküdar University and the Faculty of Communication to become a center where information is produced.
In line with these strategies, the goals determined by the Faculty of Communication regarding research and development are as follows:
· To make the Faculty of Communication a nationally and internationally recognized center where information is produced.
· To carry out national and international communication researches at the Faculty of Communication,
· To make the Faculty of Communication a research and development center where all resources are used effectively,
· To make the Faculty of Communication a center where patented studies are carried out in the field of communication
· To turn the Faculty of Communication into an internationally respected R&D center,
· To turn the Faculty of Communication into an environment that holds comprehensive scientific meetings about the media in Turkey and in the world, and turn these meetings into scientific publications, with the partnership of the media sector
· Establishment of a research and development process in which the outputs of research and development are shared with the relevant publics and the agenda is set
· Raising individuals who are curious and prone to research and development by ensuring the active participation of students in the research and development process
· To become prominent in the domestic and foreign public opinion with the academic studies to be carried out in the Faculty of Communication.
1.1. Research Resources
The Faculty of Communication is in a very strong position in terms of research resources. The PARGE unit of the university provides continuous training for academics and students for research resources and methods, and ensures the formation of a research and development culture. . if-faaliyet-raporu-2019-2020-1.pdf (uskudar.edu.tr), S. 51
In addition, the Human-Focused Research and Application Center (İLİMER), which operates under the coordination of the academicians of the Faculty of Communication, constitutes an important framework for the conduct of research and development studies.
Computer laboratories, library, studio, editing lab of the Faculty of Communication can also be considered as important physical environment and information production resources of research and development activities.
1.2. Monitoring and Improving Research Performance
A PARGE Unit Coordinatorship has been established within the Faculty, working in coordination with the PARGE unit of the university, in order to maintain the strong academic staff, graduate programs, graduate thesis studies, student clubs, research and development studies in the Faculty of Communication with high performance and continuous monitoring. Through this coordinatorship, faculty academic staff and students are given continuous research and project training, and they are encouraged to create projects. (if-faaliyet-raporu-2019-2020-1.pdf (uskudar.edu.tr)) S. 51
1.3. Faculty of Communication 2019-2020 R&D Performance
Among the research and development activities of the Faculty of Communication for the 2019-2020 Academic Year are the following:
· Etkileşim, the Academic Journal of Üsküdar University, Faculty of Communication, is a double blind peer-reviewed, bilingual publication accepting articles in Turkish and English. .Etkileşim is an open access journal published biannually in April-October, available both in printed and on-line versions. (etkilesimdergisi.com)
· Two awards were received by the academics of the Faculty of Communication in the 2019-2020 academic year. if-faaliyet-raporu-2019-2020-1.pdf (uskudar.edu.tr)
· A large number of scientific publications (books, articles and papers) were produced in the Faculty of Communication in the 2019-2020 academic year. if-faaliyet-raporu-2019-2020-1.pdf (uskudar.edu.tr)
· The various awards received by the students of the Faculty of Communication for the productions they put forward as an applied education output in the 2019-2020 Academic Year also show that the research and development capacity of the faculty is developing. (if-faaliyet-raporu-2019-2020-1.pdf (uskudar.edu.tr)
· Scientific meetings held by the Faculty of Communication in the 2019-2020 Academic Year also reveal the strengthening side of the faculty in scientific and research development. (if-faaliyet-raporu-2019-2020-1.pdf (uskudar.edu.t