ABOUT THE PSYCHOLOGY DOCTORAL PROGRAM
Institute of Social Sciences, Psychology Doctoral Program
Ph.D. Program in Psychology
The frequency of mental problems that occur with social change all over the world and our country is increasing rapidly. There is a need for specialists trained in the field of clinical, developmental and applied psychology which will provide appropriate services to these problems, knowledgeable and competent in the professional field, able to make independent decisions, solve problems, produce information, gain research and publish ability, develop ethical values and sensitivity, provide social awareness.
There is a limited number of doctoral programs in our country that provide a competent education in this area and it is necessary to increase the number of doctoral programs that will lead the qualified policy issues in the fields related to the problems seen in the field and lead the academic studies synchronized with the international developments. In this sense, the proposed doctoral program aims to meet the needs experienced by experienced and respected universities, both in terms of implementation and with the internationally certified faculty and modern imaging tools and technical equipment.
The targeted program aims to prepare a successful educational and research career in national and international academic platforms with a high quality in the field of psychology, modeling the theory, research and practice integration in the field of psychology. In this respect, it is aimed that the students of Üsküdar University will be able to acquaint themselves with the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation processes in an interactive way from the graduate course. In this process, it is aimed to adopt "Neurology, Psychiatry, Psychology" together in NPIstanbul Hospital and Polyclinics in the NP Group in which these applications are carried out so that the students can take an active role. Therefore, the program offers an infrastructure aimed at providing theoretical and profound psychotherapy skills.
Those who have completed the Ph.D. Program in Psychology at Üsküdar University are intended to have gained the following qualifications:
- To learn the basic psychotherapy theories and techniques,
- To gain the ability to use and publish scientific data in clinical psychology in practice;
- To practice psychotherapeutic interviewing principles,
- To practice psychotherapeutic interviewing principles and techniques,
- To be able to formulate a detailed psychotherapeutic case,
- To acknowledge the relationship of psychological help, psycho-social understanding,
- To analyze the mental, behavioral and emotional disorders of the individual with a holistic understanding and to analyze them in terms of psychopathology and to encourage subjective and behavioral welfare and personal development,
- To understand human development in detail and to be able to make a prediction about the positive and negative future of development,
- Be able to be in professional practice for preventive mental health in family, school and other institutions.
- To work on ethical principles,
- To learn about relationships with colleagues,
- Teamwork and learning of community-based services and application.