The mission of the Department of Computer Engineering is;
- to graduate economically, socially and ethically conscious engineers,
- to excel in research and innovation focusing on health informatics,
- to educate students and to contribute to the professional workforce in engineering, computer science, and information systems,
- to provide an environment in which students carry out research and solve real-world problems, participating in interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary studies and their applications,
- to promote active learning, analytical thinking, leadership skills and engineering judgment abilities.
Computer science is a rapidly evolving discipline directly or indirectly affecting many other disciplines including science, engineering, health informatics, business, the arts and more. It is important that the Department of Computer Engineering contribute to the faculty members and students the maximum advantages of modern computer science in solving a wide range of complex technological, medical and social problems, and to promote innovative research in multidisciplinary application areas. Our focus areas include health informatics, artificial intelligence, signal processing, image processing, data mining and decision making. By working in these contemporary and still developing areas, our graduates will be prepared to tackle exciting future engineering challenges and to pursue the latest advances in the rapidly changing field of computer sciences.